Sunday, October 30, 2011

Mantel Clock


Here is the Mantel Clock that I made using the kit received from Laura Denison at Following the Paper Trail. Most of the clock is using Tim Holtz products and her clock was featured at the winter CHA show at the Tim Holtz booth. I loved this project as soon as I viewed it on one of Laura's Ustream shows. So glad she made the kit for the rest of us to enjoy. I'm a huge Tim Hotlz fan as well as a huge fan of Laura Denison and this project put them both together. What more could I ask for in a project. The pattern for this project is still available at Laura's site if anyone is interested in making this clock. The project can be viewed on Ustream here.

The doors on the bottom open up to allow for a mini to fit inside. I am currently working on the mini and will show that when I have it done. I used the Kfraft Glassine paper on this project and it turned out better than I'd hoped. I just love this paper. However, most of the adhesives I've tried using with the paper don't work really well but two adhesives that worked perfectly was Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Multi-Medium and Inkssentials Glue n' seal (matte finish). This project was a lot of fun and is truly an inspiration piece for my craft room.

More pics:



The size of this clock is just under 15"h x 11"w x 2" d. The clock will hold a mini approx. 5" h x 6.5"w x 1.5"d comfortably.

Thanks for visiting!

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment