Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Organizing the Small Stuff

Thought I'd share the way I organize all those small pieces that we use so much of in our crafting. I'm talking about those eyelets, brads, snaps, chains, metal labels and all manner of things we use for our scrapbooking, cardmaking and such. In an effort to keep organized in my beading, I came across the perfect storage container for all those small items we use in crafting as well.


You can find these bead cases in the jewelry section of Michaels, ACmoore, Wal-Mart and I think also Hobby Lobby. It has two large compartments for those items that are a bit larger and two different sizes of the small square compartments. Since these close up like a suitcase they will store laying down and stacking or standing side by side. As you can see, each compartment is clear enough to view it's contents easily.





One container is for eyelets and snaps, one for brads and two more for miscellaneous and overflow of the other containers. Yes, I have a lot of small pieces to organize and this method has proven to be the best.



This is the container as shown in the store. It has 52 compartments and retails for $10 to $12 in most of the stores. On my last visit to Michaels, the store was carrying a different brand but it was the same container. These small containers hold so much, it will amaze you . . . . .

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment