Friday, April 22, 2011

Grids


Hi everyone! Here's a great example of using boxes/grids to design. I love making cards and scrapbook pages using a grid pattern. Since I've spent so many years as a bookkeeper I think it lends a certain balance to crafting. Yep, I'm one of those people who like straight lines (although sometimes it's hard to do), balancing my checkbook to the penny and an even tone to crafting. Once in a while I might do something out of the box crazy with my crafting but for the most part I like clean balanced layouts.

Card size is 6.5" x 5" and matted with embossed white card stock on dark green textured card stock. I stamped the four different stamps onto white card stock and inked with Distress Ink (Peeled Paint, Aged Mahogany, Tumbled Glass and Spiced Marmalade) using sponge daubers. Each stamp was cut into 1 1/8" squares and matted onto the same dark green card stock with a golden yellow button added to the center. The striped ribbon is one of my favorite ribbons with all the different colors in it and with a simple knot, it adds just the right touch. Sentiment is stamped using Memories ink pad in black.

Thanks for visiting.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment